We’ve created this page as a resource for information about the Bulli Creek Solar Farm, as well as a portal for the local community to submit feedback.
About the Bulli Creek Solar Farm
The Bulli Creek Solar Farm is to be constructed about 150 kilometers west of Toowoomba and will span roughly 13,000 acres of cattle grazing land. Once completed Solar Choice’s Bulli Creek Solar Farm will be the largest project of its kind in Australia – and among the largest in the world.
In early 2015, the Bulli Creek project received approval from the Toowoomba Regional Council for a total footprint of up to 2 gigawatts (2,000 megawatts) over the next eight years. It has the option of building out the site in manageable stages of 100MW to 500MW or more per stage.
Panoramic view across part of the site of the Bulli Creek Solar Farm from the Gore Highway.
The indicative footprint of the Bulli Creek Solar Farm submitted for the development proposal.
The future location of the Bulli Creek Solar Farm. The white square to the north is the electricity substation.
Indicative mockup flyover video of the Bulli Creek Solar Farm.
Gallery: Site of the future Bulli Creek Solar Farm
- Download the Bulli Creek Solar Farm Community Engagement Plan (PDF)
- Solar Choice’s news archive about the Bulli Creek Solar Farm
- Media coverage of the Bulli Creek Solar farm:
- The Guardian: Under the sun: Australia’s largest solar farm set to sprout in a Queensland field
- Recharge News: IN DEPTH: Crunch looms as Australia PM refuses to move on RET
- PV Magazine: ‘Large-scale solar is on the right side of history‘/ Big PV’s prospects down under
- RenewEconomy: Council approves 2GW mega solar project plan in Queensland
- Climate Spectator: Solar Choice’s Toowomba PV farm approved / Renewable target ‘can absolutely be reached’
- Sydney Morning Herald: Mega $1 billion Darling Downs solar farm approved
- Climate Action Programme: $1bn solar farm to be Australia’s largest
- Daily Mail: Let there be light! Aussie firm gets the go-ahead for massive solar farm with 50 SQUARE KILOMETRES of panels that will generate enough juice to power half a MILLION homes
- ABC Rural: Solar Choice’s Angus Gemmell outlines plans for Australia’s largest solar farm
- The Chronicle: Billion-dollar solar farm fires nation’s imagination
Share your thoughts with us
We invite you to leave your feedback with us by filling out the form below, or email us on XXX@solarchoice.net.au.