Privacy Statement for Solar Choice Pty Ltd
We know that your privacy is very important to you and recognise that providing personal information is an act of trust. Solar Choice is committed to protecting the privacy of your personal information and we take our obligations in doing so seriously.
The kind of information we collect and hold about you
Depending on the particular circumstances, we may collect and hold different information about you. For example, this may include:
- your name, email address, telephone number, address, date of birth, occupation;
- information about your access and use of this website;
- information about which of our products and services are of interest to you;
- information required by us to make available specific information, fact sheets, instruction sheets, advertisements, links and other materials featured in this website;
- information regarding invoices, contracts or receipts relating to payments you make to entities with whom we have a referral or brokerage relationship, excluding however your personal bank account or credit card information; and
- where necessary, additional information required by Solar Choice, or entities with whom we have a referral or brokerage relationship, to supply a product or service.
How we collect your information
We may collect your information in a number of ways, including:
- directly from you (for example, where you provide information to us or our representatives on the telephone or in person, when you apply for our products and services online);
- from third parties such as our related companies, business partners, clients and other service providers;
- from publicly available sources of information; and
- from our records and databases.
We may also collect information from you online using cookies and other analytical tools or when you visit our websites, including when you use our products and services.
How we hold your information
We store personal information in a combination of computer storage facilities, paper-based files and other records. We take reasonable steps to maintain the security of your information and to protect it from unauthorised disclosure.
However, as the internet is not always secure, we cannot be responsible for the security of information you transmit over the internet or for any unauthorised access or use of that information.
How we use and disclose your information
We may use and disclose your information for a range of different purposes, including:
- to provide products and services and information about those products and services to you, to assist you with enquiries, or to improve our customer service;
- for our billing and account purposes;
- to maintain our business relationships where you are a business partner, a user of our website and services, or a customer;
- to allow our related companies, business partners, service providers, energy retailers, solar system installers, battery storage system installers, related solar products and/or service providers, and other third parties to provide services to you or to assist us in providing services to you and managing our business;
- as required by our professional advisers;
- as required by law; and
- for any other purpose identified to you at the time that the information is collected.
In some cases, the organisation to which your information is disclosed may pay Solar Choice a fee for that information.
We may also use your information so that we, our related companies, and other business partners and service providers can promote and market products, services and special offers, and advise you of news and industry updates, events, reports and other information that we think will be of interest to you. This marketing may be carried in a variety of ways (including by email, SMS/MMS, social media or via our website) and may continue indefinitely until you opt-out by contacting us on 1300 78 72 73, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by using the contact details provided in that marketing communication.
How to access or correct your personal information
If you wish to access any of your personal information that we hold or would like to correct any errors in that personal information, please contact us using the contact details set out below. We may charge you an administrative fee for providing access to your personal information in response to a request.
This website may contain links to other websites. Those websites are not under the control of Solar Choice, nor can Solar Choice accept responsibility for the conduct of the operators of them. You are responsible for information that you provide through any other website. Before disclosing your personal information, we recommend that you review the terms and conditions and privacy policies of that website. This document does not cover the privacy practices of any other website.
How to contact us or make a privacy complaint
If we are unable to resolve any complaints you may have, you may wish to contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner by calling 1300 363 992 or visiting www.oaic.gov.au.