The ACT government’s ‘Business Energy and Water Program’ aims to assist eligible ACT businesses that want to upgrade to more water-efficient and energy-efficient technologies, including solar, lighting, appliances, heating or cooling, refrigeration, insulation, toilets and tapware.
Through the rebates, the Business Energy and Water Program helps commercial businesses lower operating costs by reducing water and energy. This, in turn, helps the ACT lower greenhouse gas emissions
To qualify for the program, businesses need to:
* be operating in the ACT
* have electricity bills of up to $25,000 per year and/or
* employ a maximum of 20 staff.
What advice can I receive?
A dedicated solar professional is available to:
* provide advice on the basics of solar technology and the benefits of solar for your business
* identify the electricity consumption profile and solar requirements of your business
* compare solar quotes based on your business’s priorities including budget, energy savings and quality
* provide cost estimates (on a case-by-case basis).
Solar advice is available via phone, email or at your business premises. You don’t need to be an existing Actsmart client to be eligible for advice and support.
What rebates are available?
The Solar for Business trial provides eligible businesses with rebates of up to 50% of the cost of a rooftop solar PV system, capped at $5,000. The rebate can only be used to cover the costs of solar PV components and installation. The rebate excludes some fees and costs associated with the installation and mandatory approvals of a solar PV system. Please check the trial terms and conditions for the rebate exclusions. There are a limited number of rebates available.
Is my business eligible?
To be eligible to receive advice on solar:
* your business must not be a government, government-controlled or government owned entity, nor an owners corporation; and
* your business and staff must operate from the registered premises which must be in the ACT; and
* our premises must not be residential premises (regardless of whether they are also used as a business).
CLICK HERE – to find out more information and see whether your business is eligible.
Latest posts by Jake Elliott (see all)
- Can you go off the grid with a 10kW solar system plus battery storage? - 9 September, 2019
- Is home solar battery storage worth it? - 2 September, 2019
- A Virtual Power Plant case study: Vermont USA - 5 June, 2019