Fronius is one of the top PV inverter manufacturers in the world, and one of the most popular in Australia. On the back of this success, the company now offers a number of battery storage solutions for the Australian market. These include the Fronius Energy Package (consisting of the inverter Fronius Symo Hybrid, the Fronius Smart Meter, the Fronius Solar Battery) and the Fronius Energy Package Powerwall (consisting of the inverter Fronius Symo Hybrid Powerwall, the Fronius Smart Meter and the Tesla Powerwall). Both of Fronius’ storage solutions are based around the company’s hybrid inverter technology, lending to a high degree of flexibility in system design and applications.
Fronius’ Symo Hybrid inverter constitutes the cornerstone of any Fronius solar-plus-storage system. The Symo Hybrid can simultaneously handle inputs from a system’s solar array and battery bank, supplying a home with whichever is more readily available at the time – all while still having the grid as a backup for when neither is available.
Fronius’ Symo Hybrid inverters can be integrated into grid-connected solar PV systems in a variety of configurations. The most basic of these (and the one which takes advantage of both of the Symo Hybrid’s key functionalities) is a configuration where both the solar array and the battery bank are connected directly into a Symo Hybrid unit. It’s useful to note, however, that the Symo Hybrid can be designed into a wide range of system configurations (discussed below).
The Symo Hybrid may also be used in a solar-only system with the aim of retrofitting a battery bank in the future – after a household’s energy consumption patterns are better understood, and/or when battery prices have come down.
- Quality inverter from one of the most trusted names in the industry
- Emergency backup power for when grid power becomes unavailable (during blackouts, etc)
- High level of flexibility for system design and applications
- Online monitoring through Fronius’ Solar.web platform
Key product details:
- Capacity range (for solar PV input): 3.0kW – 5kW
- Battery capacity: 4.5kWh – 12.0kWh
- Compatible batteries: Fronius Solar Battery, Tesla Powerwall*
*May require additional hardware and software
Fronius’ Solar Battery is Fronius’ own-brand battery bank for use in solar-plus-storage systems. It comes available in a range of capacities and can be readily easily expanded. The Solar Battery uses lithium-iron phosphate (LiFePO4) technology.
- Very long service life of 8000 charging cycles
- Very high discharging and charging power – up to 6.4kWh*
- Short charging times
- Safe and high performing lithium storage technology
- No thermal runaway
*for 12.0kWh battery
Key product details:
- Variable sizes from 4.5kWh-12.0kWh
- Battery size can be increased by adding 1.5kWh battery modules at any time
- Very high efficiency due to high voltage battery
- No ventilation concept needed
- No gassing of battery
- IP 20 rated (for indoor installation)
Download datasheet: Fronius Energy Package (PDF)
Fronius Smart Meter
The Fronius Smart Meter is a bidirectional meter which optimises self-consumption and records the household’s load curve. In conjunction with the Fronius Solar.web online portal, the Fronius Smart Meter provides a clear overview of the user’s power consumption.
Kathryn Brookes, Marketing Coordinator
T: 03 8340 2900
© 2015 Solar Choice Pty Ltd