Robert Bosch GmbH is a global, highly diversified manufacturer whose name is synonymous with quality and reliability. The company’s power technology division – Bosch Power Tec – currently offers a number of solar-related products for Australia’s small-scale solar market. This article focuses on the string inverter line and battery storage solutions that Bosch currently has available in Australia.
Single-phase inverters for residential solar applications
Bosch’s BPT-S line of single-phase string inverters consists of four models for solar PV systems sized at 3kW, 3.68kW, 4kW and 4.6kW (AC output) – ideal for most residential solar PV systems.
Key Features Include:
- Integrated data logging with online monitoring portal – So that customer, installer and manufacturer alike can monitor performance and troubleshoot problems from afar.
- Flexibility in design and performance – Wide maximum power point (MPP) range of 170V to 600V, combined with improved MPP tracking procedures allow for high yields and easier system design.
- Safety – Innovative service switch automatically checks for errors on both the DC and AC side of the system, disconnecting the inverter in the event of an error message.
- PowerCool cooling concept – Optimises heat distribution of the inverter, allowing for a longer overall lifespan.
- Easy setup with Bosch’s e.Key – Touchless radio frequency identification (RFID) technology allows the installer to set the relevant parameters for Australia with the swipe of a card, ruling out any fault in the settings.
- Sleek design.
Download a spec sheet: BPT-S 3-4.6 (pdf)
Compare quotes from up to 7 installers in your area now.
4.4kWh – 13.2kWh of battery storage capacity
Bosch’s BPT-S 5 Hybrid Battery is an award-winning energy storage solution designed for the residential market. The refrigerator-sized unit can be equipped with up to 13.2kWh of storage capacity – enough to allow an average-sized household to become mostly grid-independent. Globally, Bosch has sold several hundreds of the BPT-S 5 Hybrid Batteries and Australia is a key and growing market for Bosch Power Tec.
Key Features Include:
- Integrated energy management system – The Hybrid system consists of a 5kW solar inverter, a battery converter, a battery management system and a lithium-ion battery bank which can be sized between 4.4 and 13.2kWh of capacity, plus an energy management and control panel with a colour touch screen display.
- Programmable, intelligent use of solar PV, batteries and the grid – Allows the user to maximise their savings by avoiding the purchase of expensive grid electricity. The system decides where to source and direct electricity most cost-effectively according to four pre-programmed ‘modes’ for morning, afternoon, evening and night.
- Maximising self-consumption of solar PV – The BPT-S 5 Hybrid can help to increase solar self-consumption for a typical household of four from 30% up to 70%. A high charge performance of 5kW means that a household of this size could even achieve total grid independence in the summer.
- Intelligent system management and display – The Hybrid system comes with a touch-screen display that shows current and historic household energy consumption and production, while also ensuring the ongoing health and maintenance of the system. The system may also be monitored online via Bosch’s e.Web and e.UserApp.
Download a spec sheet: BPT-S 5 Hybrid (pdf)
Download the brochure: BPT-S 5 Hybrid (pdf)
About Bosch Power Tec
Year founded: 2011
Global headquarters: Boeblingen, Germany
Headquarters in Australia: Melbourne
Manufacturing plant locations: Germany
Read About Home Battery Government Schemes Across Australia
South Australia, New South Wales, Victoria, and Australian Capital Territory all currently have a home battery scheme in place.
The South Australian Home Battery Scheme enables eligible South Australian residents to receive up to $4,000 per installed battery.
The New South Wales Home Battery Scheme offers an interest-free loan up to $9000 for eligible households looking to install a solar battery.
The Victorian Government under the Solar Homes Program provides to those eligible, a maximum discount of $4,174 off the battery sale price. The next release of battery rebates is on the 2nd of September 2020.
The Australian Capital Territory Government under the Next Generation Energy Storage program provides a rebate of $825 per kilowatt (kW). An average household with a 5kW system would be eligible for approximately $4,000.
Since 2008 our knowledge and sophisticated software has allowed over 180,000 Australian households and businesses to make a well-informed choice on their solar & battery installer.